Industrial Shed Metal Structures
Industrial shed metal structures are used in factories, building structures, warehouses, poultry houses, aircraft hangars, workshops, shops and sports halls, which require large spans. Due to the large size of the beams and columns, plate girder should be used in the profile of the Industrial shed.
Characteristics of the Industrial shed
Metal structures of the Industrial shed are different because of the mainly industrial application in terms of design with other structures. In particular, the frames are completely different in these types of structures and have a slope, and the spans are larger than other
structures. Due to the large size of the beams and columns, it is not possible to use profiles in the market for the execution of this structure, and they should be constructed, which is called plate girder.
Design the Industrial shed
The design of industrial shed is a highly specialized and highly specialized works, important factor are contributing in design, which can inevitably impose a significant cost on the constructor that question the cost-effectiveness and may also result in a reversal and undermine the strength and stability of the structure and cause irreparable events.
The following information is desirable to design an industrial shed:
- Loading for dead load, snow load and asymmetric load
- Side loading of the Industrial shed including wind and earthquake loads
- Loading crane for the industrial shed, Question: Is the crane considered in the design of the industrial shed? (Yes: Calculate the dynamic load of the crane)
- Regional coefficient, behavior and importance for industrial shed
- Side elevation of the industrial shed and wall height
- Span and length of the industrial shed
- Number of longitudinal frames of the industrial shed
- Separation joint
- Calculate effective length coefficient
- The slope percentage of the industrial shed roof
- Coverage of the industrial shed roof (sandwich panel or galvanized sheet and chicken wire)
- Permitted tensions for soil of area and type of site
- How to control the movement
- Design of fittings and base plate for industrial shed
- Design of supporting beam crane
- Design of purlins with software
- Design of anchor rod
- Presentation of a plan with a minimum waste of sheet
- Provide complete calculation sheet of the industrial shed
Controlling members’ adequacy against local forces and hardening employs. If necessary, guidance on the correct selection of non-prismatic sections with regard to the use of building industrial shed including column, rafter, purlin, stratum, wall posts, cross braces, sag rod, flange stay, bolts and nuts, and canopy.
Industrial shed metal structures, which are manufactured according to specific technical calculations, are called Industrial shed. The industrial sheds have several types: single span, two or more spans and arched industrial shed. Structuring truss systems in Iran were very popular in the past years, but now trussing has been replaced by industrial shed due to its various advantages.
The advantages of steel structures of the industrial shed are light, high flexibility, strength, the ability to avoid intrinsic defects, the possibility of designing and executing structures with large-sized dimension, high safety against environmental degradation factors, the ability to implement structures of various shapes, possibility to use various materials and light foundation in comparison with similar structures. The design of industrial shed is specialty and have important factors in designing that involves imposing unnecessary costs on the builder has a significant impact on the strength and stability of the structure. To design the
metal structures of the industrial shed, a software called Soolepardaz (SAP) is used. Using this program, it can be used to designing bridge cranes, crane supporting and foundations.
The basic information required to design a steel structure of industrial shed is: span, length, height, slope, information about the site of installing the structure and the load on the structure, such as overhead cranes. Special engineering teams are required to execute the industrial shed. The construction of the industrial shed’s skeleton consists of a excavation and the foundation’s execution, cutting the sheets, assembling, various stages of blocking and welding, approval and coloring, transportation and installation.
Types of structural systems
- Traditional structures
- Metal structures
- Concrete structures
- Industrial Structures: Bolted Structures B & N method, LSF method, TCF method, ICFF method, etc.
As the name suggests, this method should be put forward in the face of scientific methods. Design and calculations in this type of structures, in contrast to the concrete and metal structures, are more experimental than computational and scientific, and the rules and administrative constraints are based on statistical and experimental samples. The height of the structure is eight meters from the ground. In addition, the design and implementation of the architectural plan must be compliant with the relevant rules and regulations. In this type of structures, responsibility of vertical and horizontal loads are with the horizontal and vertical walls and foundations, and the only recommendation to execute these types of structures is the deprived areas of technology and technical limitations in the world.
Advantages of metal structures
- Due to the possibility of skeleton frame assembling before installation and the need for simultaneous and uninterrupted of the skeleton frame, metal structures have higher speeds than traditional and concrete structures.
- Because of the homogeneity of the beam, the column and the cross brace, the resistance is closer to the actual resistance of these structures.
- Due to the type of join of the beam and column, there is the possibility of developing classes in this type of structure.